Posted 3 years ago Metro Logistics Full Time
- Schedule the labour requirements for the shift to ensure production goals are met within the budgeted cost structure.
- Complete shift briefings to ensure the effective communication of relevant information to all employees.
- Assign and follow up with operators and warehouse staff on the length of time required for tasks to be completed by noting tasks assignments and communicating approximate time of completion.
- Ensure the service level requirements for all inbound/outbound shipments are met.
- Ensuring proper put away, picking and packing procedures are followed and that all production meets or exceeds Client’s quality standards.
- Flag priority orders and revise schedules to meet outbound orders.
- Monitor, analyze and report daily/weekly departmental performance through effective KPI tracking and data collection for respective shift.
- On a daily basis approve all labour hours using ITR in adherence with company policies, maintaining accurate record keeping ensuring proper payment of employees for the shift and cost allocation to customer accounts.
- Provide daily feedback to employees through coaching and administer performance appraisals. Handle all disciplinary situations appropriately and in a timely manner with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Maintain close interaction with customers to develop strong relationships while assessing service requirements; communicate where appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
Fulfill the duties of a supervisor under the Occupational Health and Safety Act including; safety, violence and harassment laws.
Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
Preferably a college diploma in business management with focus in logistics management or the equivalent in experience
- Five (5) years Distribution experience (3PL experience would be an asset)
- At least two (2) years supervisory experience, preferably in a 3PL Operations role
- E-Commerce experience is an asset
- Driven to provide excellent Customer Service with effective customer interaction skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners.
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written.
Ability to prioritize work assignments.
- Comfortable with being directly involved in a fast paced environment.
Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required.
Thorough knowledge of company policies and procedures.
In depth knowledge and experience with RF scanners.
Ability to make sound decisions independently to obtain desired results.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a proven leadership ability within a team environment
- Able to create control tools through effective M.S. software applications knowledge primarily in excel & word.
- Analytical skills with familiarity of financial reports.
- Previous experience with warehouse systems such as Red Prairie a definite asset