Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Wave Planner plays an integral role in order fulfilment. This role is responsible for the planning, review, and scheduling of daily orders and waves within the Warehouse Management System. The Wave Planner will compile the orders from the customer into waves for the order selectors to pick, while ensuring that the orders are complete, printed and reviewed. The Wave Planner will collaborate with warehouse management, In-House retail and E-Commerce to meet delivery targets and ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Create daily work plans to include daily hot waves and E-Commerce demands that ensure customer orders are presented to warehouse operations in a timely manner providing opportunity to realize warehouse performance standards.
- Directly involved with the release of orders for pick, pack and ship process.
- Assigns and monitors the work of warehouse operators
- Responsible for the collection, reporting, and feedback regarding wave planning performance, adjusting or modifying wave templates to improve work flow.
- Participate in the DC tasks related to grouping and releasing orders using the WMS system, training team members, maintaining SOPs, and timely communicating progress of must ship orders/requests.
- Ensure and provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Updates the wave and load sheet
- Ensures communication between Team Members for stock replenishment needs
- Ensures loads are completed by the Order Selectors
- Ensures a balance of work is completed for each respective zone
- Coordinates the implementation of the wave plan to achieve desired delivery response times while paying close attention to productivity levels and the operational plan communicated daily by the Supervisor.
- Guarantees a smooth transition between shifts by organizing all available work.
- Responsible for inbound and outbound load prioritization. Responsible for coordinating the most effective manner of organizing outbound loads in order to best meet productivity KPIs.
- Have exceptional knowledge of WMS and work with the Supervisor to address any training or procedural gaps.
- Assist where necessary in developing and training of all WMS upgrades and modifications and ensures that operators are made aware of any and all changes that directly affect them.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCECompletion of secondary school
- College diploma in logistics management is preferred
- A minimum of 1 -3 years of experience in high volume production planning. Relevant industry experience is a plus.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent technical skills for e-mailing and other means of electronic communication
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; specifically but not limited to MS Excel, Access, Outlook, Powerpoint, WMS and SAP
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work
- Excellent mathematical skills
- Organized and shows strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions
- Adapt to changes quickly, as well as, working effectively in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work with all levels of management
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com