Website Metro Supply Chain Group
The forklift operator performs tasks associated with moving goods from one place to another on loading docks or in the warehouse. The operators’ drive and control the forklift which is a motor vehicle which is used to transport heavy goods around the warehouse. Forklifts have two protruding rigid steel bars at their front which can be lowered and lifted up. Operators need to load up heavy boxes on to these steel bars, carry and unload it at a designated location.
The operator might be required to load trucks, unload trucks or be asked to supply work areas with products or remove finished goods to a warehouse storage area. The forklift operator is responsible for inspecting the lifts before use and participating in training sessions for license renewal.
- Operate a Dockstocker/CounterBalance/Raymond Reach/Walkie to move material through the facility as required
- Work in a fast paced environment building pallets with product to be shipped to fill customer orders
- Moving pallet to correct locations by reading & scanning labels
- Ensure tasks get done on-time and accurately
- Scan product to pallet using an RF Handheld
- Provide materials to the picking line by physically moving them from stock points along the line, off trailers, and from other storage areas.
- Makes sure to replenish locations with the right product.
- Use RF guns to scan items/boxes used for replenishment
- Actively communicate with supervisors and colleagues to effectively handle material and notify them of problems/concerns
- Properly document work performed
- Assist in the effective completion of inventory audits
- Stacks pallets in designated areas. Clean up and dispose of scrap bracing, cardboard, and strapping and place in proper containers or designated areas
- Demonstrate respect for the organization’s values on a daily basis, while maintaining and upholding company policies & procedures
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act including Safety, Violence and Harassment laws
- Work in a healthy and safe manner following Metro’s policies, procedures
- Always wear or use protective equipment
- Report any hazards you find in the workplace to your supervisor
- Must not use or operate equipment in a manner that would endanger yourself or others
- Must not put other workers at risk by your actions
- Some High School, preferably a High School Diploma
- At least 1 year warehouse experience operating material handling equipment
- Raymond Reach Operator/CounterBalance/ Dockstocker /Walkie experience and certification with proven track record for safety
- Experience with a RF scanner
- Must be detail oriented, customer focused, accountable, organized, proactive and demonstrate high sense of urgency
- Must have strong communication, interpersonal, problem solving, critical thinking, analytical and teamwork skills
- SAP/MRP/ERP systems, experience with Red Prairie is a plus
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com