Responsible for ensuring the effective operation of their respective shift through the communication and delivery of established facility goals and objectives – quality, quantity, timeliness and team member engagement. While maintaining effective work processes, this position will also be responsible for the development of the Operations Team while monitoring their performance.
- Company Culture – exhibits the desired behaviours that support “Our Way” and looks for ways to say “Yes”
- Ensures quality and productivity goals are met on a daily basis
- Focuses on the facility’s service mission and ensures shift exceeds customer service expectation by
- Utilizing shift leadership team to communicate and execute tasks
- Managing labour
- Ensures Team Managers execute daily assignments
- Understands and participates in budgeting, manpower planning and forecasting and managing expenditures
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, development, coaching and performance appraisals for Team Supervisors and support team.
- Manages confidential information/documentation as required by policies
- Reviews records, reports, documents to comply with Company operational expectations
- Follows loss prevention, risk controls and quality assurance procedures to ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Continuously and accurately plans, supervises, reviews and evaluates shift performance within the distribution centre
- Proactively identifies and leads process improvement initiatives utilizing LEAN tools to optimize efficiency
- Identifies initiatives to improve team work, morale, cost savings, shift performance and reduced labour cost.
- Ensures workforce is well trained to provide seamless and timely delivery of service
- Communicates with and responds to Customer Service inquiries
- Accountable for troubleshooting problems through to resolution, escalating as necessary.
- Reviews and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) as required
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
Education and Job Knowledge
- Bachelors degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business Administration, or combination of education and related experience
- Minimum five years of Management Leadership experience.
- Experience working in a Third Party (3PL) logistics environment.
- Must have management experience within an e-commerce distribution center.
- Proven ability to delegate and follow-up on tasks assigned to Team Supervisors and Team Members
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills– both written and verbal with the ability to develop relationships at all levels in the organization
- Strong organizational, administrative and analytical skills – sound business judgment and a proactive approach to problem solving
- Goal focused with demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks/projects in a fast paced environment with a high attention to detail
- Able to troubleshoot issues, anticipate problems and make logical decisions
- Ability to interpret financial spreadsheet information
- Exceptional hands on Warehouse Management System (WMS) knowledge
- Excellent time management and organization skills, with the proven ability to juggle and reprioritize based on business requirements
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required, including weekends and statutory holidays
Metro Supply Chain Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request for candidates during the hiring process
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org