Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the Returns Clerk is responsible for facilitating any paperwork around product that is coming back into the distribution center, accounting for, and confirming, the deliveries from the various carriers. The Returns Clerk will also help with the resolution of any ASN issues and assist the Operations Supervisor with validation of product. This process will include assisting customer service with any expedited return or check they might need.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process customer returns through Red Prairie and per client specifications
- Put away items back into locations.
- Receive and log shipments from courier and LTL carriers
- Ensures the accuracy of paperwork and verifies any discrepancies with returned product
- Coordinates with the Operations Supervisor and CSR validating returns to ensure client needs are met
- Facilitates communication to CSR team when wrong or missing items are returned
- Prepares and verifies paperwork around inbound returns or outbound shipments with quality issues or other complications with inventory
- Prepares items that are being sent back to vendors
- Maintains necessary account of non-standard returns or wrong, missing product sent to the Distribution Center from the customer which could require review and investigation at a later time
- Ensure and provide quality service to both internal and external customers.
- Actively identify opportunities for continuous improvement and participate in implementations of same
- Follow the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Metro’s policies including Safety, Violence and Harassment laws
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of secondary school
- College diploma in logistics management is preferred
- Intermediate to advance knowledge of Microsoft Office
- A minimum of 3-4 years of experience in progressively responsible materials management related operations jobs
- Red Prairie experience is an asset
- Capable of working independently and as part of a team
- Approachable, positive interpersonal style
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Service orientated with strong customer service skills and commitment to quality of work
- Good mathematical skills
- Organized and shows strong attention to detail
- Problem solving skills with the ability to seek alternative solutions
- Adapt to changes quickly, as well as, working effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Effective time Management skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com