The Manager, Carrier Relations (MCR) will work closely with our distribution center team and our Client, to ensure that all aspects of our transportation program are delivered. Together with our carrier partners, the MCR will provide timely reporting and analytics to assist our client in the management of their business. This position is embedded at the Client’s national DC and will liaise closely with carriers and other members of Metro Logistics transportation team.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrier selection – continue to assess Carrier network, work with broader Carrier pool to onboard new Carriers as required, in order to meet the needs of the business.
- Develop and maintain very clear industry standard KPIs and service level metrics for carriers – daily / weekly / monthly
- Carrier performance and management – hold Carriers accountable for service level metrics and KPIs , ongoing review of current carrier performance, implement corrective actions as required – to ensure carriers are performing to expected standards as specified in the Carrier Service Level Agreements
- Conduct regular audits on Carriers, to ensure compliance with Metro standards for Food Grade storage and delivery processes
- Develop a Carrier performance table, and review with each Carrier
- Ensure Carriers are enabled, or have a plan to enable electronic communications to feed delivery data into Metro systems.
- Supervise the Warehouse Transport team – Load Planner, CSR, OS&D, and act as back up when required
- Collaborate with carriers to determine the best and most cost effective transportation solutions for the client.
- Together with DC operations and client supply chain group, identify operational efficiencies and cost savings opportunities
- Establish and conduct regular review meetings with the client to review KPI packages
- Utilize skills to review large amounts of data to identify trends that lead to continuous improvements initiatives
- Provide the DC team with an immediate transportation escalation resource, as necessary
- Collaborate with Client to develop a Reports pack, and provide client with customized reports, as requested
- In co-operation with the transportation administration department, review client billing information to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- University or College degree with at least five years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- CITT designation an asset
- 5 years Management / Supervisory experience in Transportation or related fields
- Proven communication skills both verbal and written
- Exceptional data management and analytical skills, with a thorough knowledge and experience with MS Excel and Word
- Knowledge of carrier and customer rate tariffs and their application
- Positive attitude, capable of working under pressure and putting in extra time when required
- Service oriented with strong customer interaction skills
- Excellent ability to work with little supervisor
Metro Supply Chain Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request for candidates during the hiring process.