The IT Support Supervisor is responsible for primary support of the warehouse (WMS) solutions for the client within the Distribution Center. Responsible for being the resident Super User and knowledge base of the WMS functionality. Provides testing, validation and training. Assists with system changes and upgrades including making recommendations based on business needs.
- Company Culture – exhibits the desired behaviours that support “Our Way” and looks for ways to say “Yes”
- Acts as the subject matter expert for process and technology components, and overall performance of the Warehouse Management System (WMS), and Labor Management System (LMS).
- Deliver quick and courteous technical support, including and not limited to initial troubleshooting of all problems related to the account (network connectivity, WMS, operating systems, application and hardware, etc).
- Administers and maintains the local warehouse management system ensuring high performance levels and data integrity.
- Utilizes monitoring tools to track performance issues and assist with troubleshooting and resolution.
- Ensures customer setup information is completed within the WMS system to ensure proper processing of orders
- Researches and addresses potential IT related issues and acts as the liaison between the Management team and the client
- Notifies or escalates system related issues to Senior Management and IT support team.
- Works to improve productivity and service by optimizing the utilization of people, system/process automation and the Warehouse Management System (WMS).
- Tracks, maintains and troubleshoots radio frequency (RF) equipment and other miscellaneous equipment
- Implements, supports and maintains warehouse management system (WMS).
- Works with the Management team and super users to support day-to-day activities and enhance warehousing processes and analyzes proposed WMS processes and suggest improvements.
- Works with service providers on application enhancements, customization and new releases / updates.
- Provides training and technical support for the WMS and its related equipment.
- Conducts root cause analysis and corrective action on WMS issues.
- Interacts as needed with Metro IT infrastructure resources and the customers WMS Support team.
- Coaches & trains the site subject matter experts on how to use and troubleshoot the WMS application and produces end-user documentation and job aids.
- Prepares project status updates and coordinates the management/resolution of project risks and issues.
- Provides communications to management for system outages, maintenance outages, and extended down times.
- Communicates status of issues on a regular basis to customer until completion. Escalates issues and/or information concerning issues as necessary.
- Assumes additional related responsibilities as required.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information System, or related degree
- Minimum three (3) years Supply Chain and/or Distribution Center System support experience. Experience with Warehouse Management System (WMS), Transportation, Inventory Management systems or any other major Warehouse Management System.
- Attention to service excellence and detail.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills – ability to communicate with all levels of customers, vendors, and IT resources
- Strong interest in pursuing a career in Information Technology
- Experience in an e-commerce environment would be an asset
- Service oriented with strong customer interaction skills and commitment
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make sound decisions independently to obtain desired results
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership ability
- Able to develop own control tools and spreadsheet reporting
- Must be a strong team builder and able to work within a team
- Computer literacy in M.S software required
- Effective communication skills that avoids any potential misunderstandings
- Capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Spanish would be an asset
- Must be flexible and willing to work additional hours when required, including weekends and statutory holidays
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com