The IT Customer Service Desk Analyst responds to inquiries and requests for assistance with the organization’s computer systems or PC’s and telecomm. Identifies, analyzes, troubleshoots and resolves problems with the aim of eliminating recurrences and reducing calls to the Service Desk. Coordinates with other Information Technology areas to resolve problems if necessary. Support hours for the Service Desk are Day Shift hours and the hours are rotating. Provides support and a central point of contact for standard software and hardware in use at Metro Supply Chain Group.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Logs all Service Desk calls or email requests into Track-IT and updates problem profiles.
- Analyzes and resolves problems with a goal of 90% First Call Resolution.
- Supports all Software Applications and Infrastructure in use at Metro
- Investigates causes, tests solutions, and puts solutions in place to reduce calls to Customer Service.
- Fixes causes, not just solutions. Works to eliminate recurring problems and reasons to call.
- Promotes effective use of technology.
- Watches for trends that indicate potential problems and then eliminates the problems before they happen.
- Involves dealing with and/or responding positively to complaints, problems, and sometimes negative and emotional behavior.
- Promotes a professional Customer Service image and sells the value of the Service Desk.
- Understanding Customer priorities and objectives and taking an active role in accomplishing these objectives.
- Reviews start of day activity logs (i.e. backups) and identifies any ongoing issues
- Passes feedback from customers on to the End User.
- Keeps peers and End User/Alt End User informed of trends, significant problems, unexpected delays and anything new in the environment.
- Keeps customers informed of progress on problems that cannot be resolved on first call.
- Keeps current on all the technology used in the environment supported.
- Takes training that continues to develop interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor Science degree in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience and / or completion of a Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE).
- 1-2 years’ work experience in an IT support function or a customer service oriented, call center environment
- Demonstrated commitment to team/department/company along with excellent understanding the Customer Service role in the company.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly and effectively.
- Understands entire process from logging to informing customer solution is in place; knows when to escalate; implements solutions not fixes.
- The ability to take initiative to make improvements.
- Anticipate customer needs; looks for ways to make things better for the customer, to eliminate recurring problems, calls, is constantly learning.
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations. Listens and gets clarification of requests. Responds well to questions.
- Ability to interact and communicate clearly in English with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Writes clearly and informatively.
- Ability to interact with customers in a polite and professional manner.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Contributes skills and capabilities to achieve the team’s goals.
- Performs a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities.
- Accepts new challenges, responsibilities and assignments.
Metro Supply Chain Group welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations will be provided upon request for candidates during the hiring process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com