Website Metro Supply Chain Group
Direct and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a high volume apparel e-commerce Distribution Center which includes leading DC Management staff that oversee receiving, storage, distribution, systems administration, inventory control, assembly, returns process, sanitation and maintenance. Responsible for the overall strategic direction of the DC operation, customer service as well as achieving agreed upon performance goals and objectives, the achievement of financial targets and facility KPI’s (Key Performance Indicators), productivity measures and creating a participatory work environment through the Companies “Our Way” Culture program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Establishes the strategic plan for the inventory management, fulfillment and returns process for the DC and manages the successful execution of the plan
- Resolves critical issues and communicates appropriately to both the customer and management
- Reviews, recommends, develops and implements changes in Distribution operations, processes, and systems to increase efficiency, productivity, team member morale and customer satisfaction.
- Works with various internal groups to establish new processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness of the inventory management and fulfillment and returns functions
- Effectively manages labour volume in order to meet daily customer order demand
- Assists in developing, training, and managing best practices in all areas of inventory management and fulfillment
- Leads the team through challenges and peak business cycles
- Translates the Customer contract into a working document that defines and documents procedures and ensures compliance with contract while meeting the dynamic day-to-day business needs.
- Ensures the accurate and timely preparation, processing, distribution and retention of all necessary reports and records regarding distribution operations including:
- Annual Distribution Center budget
- Operating costs for P&L purposes
- Operations Goals and Objectives
- KPIs (Key Performance Indicators)
- Continuous Improvement objectives and progress
- Develops and manages project plan to deliver approved solutions that identifies milestones, task schedules, project resources, risk and contingencies.
- Responsible for ensuring management team meets/exceeds performance and drives continuous improvement in inventory management and fulfillment areas
- Meets financial objectives by forecasting labour requirements and assisting in preparing an annual budget. Ensures success through forecasting, budgeting, P&L accountability, development of KPIs and e-commerce analytics.
- Develops warehouse system improvements by analyzing process work flow, space requirements and implementing changes when necessary
- Leads the “Our Way” culture process and ensures a work environment of teamwork within the operation while developing employees to achieve their goals and objectives
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Ensures compliance with Customer, Company and government regulatory rules and policies including but not limited to OHSA, environmental, etc.
- Participates in and coordinates operational management development programs
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a small package e-commerce distribution center
- Bachelor’s degree in Management, Supply Chain (Other degrees considered with appropriate work experience)
- Knowledge of the functionality of warehouse machine and equipment, such as forklifts, conveyors, etc.
- Post WMS implementation experience strongly preferred
- Experience utilizing Lean and Six Sigma philosophies and processes
- Exhibits a strong ability to handle multiple demands with a sense of urgency, drive and energy
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally with internal and external teams
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrates strategic planning and critical thinking skills
- Proven financial management acumen