Keeps office space and warehouse building in clean and orderly condition by promoting a clean, safe and positive work environment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Daily cleaning of all washrooms, ensuring clean and hygienic facilities and restocking consumable items to ensure that all minimum stock levels are met, e.g. soap, paper towels etc.
- As required by the cleaning schedule, sweep, wet mop and machine clean, as appropriate to the type of surface within the area to ensure a safe and healthy environment. Includes aisles, stairs and office area.
- Daily emptying of trash and garbage containers to ensure the timely removal of waste.
- Reporting any faults or difficulties encountered with cleaning e.g broken glass, faulty light bulbs, and loose wires. Report faults to the Operations Management Team.
- To clear the snow from entrance way and walkways, salt if necessary.
- To cross train on forklift and assist operations team when necessary.
- To promote a clean, safe and positive work environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
High School Diploma or equivalent
- Requires general internal training to perform function
- Some previous cleaning experience is desirable, but not essential as on-the-job training can be given.
- Some knowledge of cleaning machinery, e.g. sweeper is desirable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org